ESCANABA INTERIM CITY CLERK
TAMMY A. WEISSERT
410 LUDINGTON STREET
ESCANABA, MI 49829
(906) 789-7349 FAX
The Clerk's Office is the information hub for the City of Escanaba, including the Escanaba Administration, staff, and utmost, the citizen's of Escanaba. As such, we strive to take the mystery out of Government by providing timely, customer-oriented and objective service to all the citizens of Escanaba.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct local, state and federal elections under the guidelines of federal, state, and local election laws.
- Preparation of City Council agendas, City Ordinances, Council minutes, including meeting minutes for Liquor License Review Board, Local Officer Compensation Commission, and Board of Equalization and Review.
- Indexing of Council Minutes, legal documents, resolutions, and codification of City Ordinances.
- City Freedom of Information Coordinator
- City Information Technology Director
- City Web Master
- City Legislative Coordinator
- Issuance of the following licenses and permits:
- Automatic Amusement Devices
- Going Out of Business Sale
- Sign Erection/Maintenance License
- Pawnbrokers Permit
- Second Hand Goods Permit
- Peddler's Permit
- Transient Merchant Permit
- Water Well Registration
- Trailer Permits
- Central distributor of information including maintaining the Clerk's Index of City contractual documents, and all permanent City Clerk records.
- Perform such other duties as are prescribed by the City Charter, the general laws of the State of Michigan, or the City Council.